Where Minotaurs Come From.
Minding my own business.
Dreams VS Reality.
News Anchors Fails of 2011.
Tasty Burger. Classic Samuel Jackson.
Just a flesh wound.
Bring out your dead!
From Full Metal Jacket.
Bob & Tom at it again.
This is hilarious.
I believe the medical term for this is headupassitis.
Texting gone bad.
- couragealways on Jonathan Harris collects stories
- Bad Monkey on U.S. Chamber Battles Climate Bill
- couragealways on U.S. Chamber Battles Climate Bill
- couragealways on Chip Conley: Measuring what makes life worthwhile
- couragealways on Donald Sadoway: The missing link to renewable energy
- TED: Jill Shargaa: Please, please, people. Let's put the 'awe' back in 'awesome' - Jill Shargaa (2014)Which of the following is awesome: your lunch or the Great Pyramid of Giza? Comedian Jill Shargaa sounds a hilarious call for us to save the word "awesome" for things that truly inspire awe. […]TEDTalks
- TED: Sally Kohn: Don't like clickbait? Don't click - Sally Kohn (2014)Doesn't it seem like a lot of online news sites have moved beyond reporting the news to openly inciting your outrage (and your page views)? News analyst Sally Kohn suggests — don't engage with news that looks like it just wants to make you mad. Instead, give your precious clicks to the news sites you truly trust. […]TEDTalks
- TED: Meera Vijayann: Find your voice against gender violence - Meera Vijayann (2014)This talk begins with a personal story of sexual violence that may be difficult to listen to. But that’s the point, says citizen journalist Meera Vijayann: Speaking out on tough, taboo topics is the spark for change. Vijayann uses digital media to speak honestly about her experience of gender violence in her home country of India -- and calls on others to sp […]TEDTalks
- TED: Rose Goslinga: Crop insurance, an idea worth seeding - Rose Goslinga (2014)Across sub-Saharan Africa, small farmers are the bedrock of national and regional economies—unless the weather proves unpredictable and their crops fail. The solution is insurance, at a vast, continental scale, and at a very low, affordable cost. Rose Goslinga, a citizen of Kenya, and her team pioneered an unconventional way to give farmers whose crops fail […]TEDTalks
- TED: Martin Rees: Can we prevent the end of the world? - Martin Rees (2014)A post-apocalyptic Earth, emptied of humans, seems like the stuff of science fiction TV and movies. But in this short, surprising talk, Lord Martin Rees asks us to think about our real existential risks — natural and human-made threats that could wipe out humanity. As a concerned member of the human race, he asks: What’s the worst thing that could possibly h […]TEDTalks
- TED: Ziyah Gafić: Everyday objects, tragic histories - Ziyah Gafić (2014)Ziyah Gafić photographs everyday objects—watches, shoes, glasses. But these images are deceptively simple; the items in them have been exhumed from the mass graves of the Bosnian War. Gafić, a TED Fellow and Sarajevo native, is photographing every item from these graves in order to create a living archive of the identities of those lost. […]TEDTalks
- TED: Laurel Braitman: Depressed dogs, cats with OCD — what animal madness means for us humans - Laurel Braitman (2014)Behind those funny animal videos, sometimes, are oddly human-like problems. Laurel Braitman studies non-human animals who exhibit signs of mental health issues -- from compulsive bears to self-destructive rats to monkeys with unlikely friends. Braitman asks what we as humans can learn from watching animals cope with depression, sadness and other all-too-huma […]TEDTalks
- TED: Jarrett J. Krosoczka: Why lunch ladies are heroes - Jarrett J. Krosoczka (2014)Children’s book author Jarrett Krosoczka shares the origins of the Lunch Lady graphic novel series, in which undercover school heroes serve lunch…and justice! His new project, School Lunch Hero Day, reveals how cafeteria lunch staff provide more than food, and illustrates how powerful a thank you can be. […]TEDTalks
- TED: Aziza Chaouni: How I brought a river, and my city, back to life - Aziza Chaouni (2014)The Fez River winds through the medina of Fez, Morocco—a mazelike medieval city that’s a World Heritage site. Once considered the “soul” of this celebrated city, the river succumbed to sewage and pollution, and in the 1950s was covered over bit by bit until nothing remained. TED Fellow Aziza Chaouni recounts her 20 year effort to restore this river to its fo […]TEDTalks
- TED: Tim Berners-Lee: A Magna Carta for the web - Tim Berners-Lee (2014)Sir Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web 25 years ago. So it’s worth a listen when he warns us: There’s a battle ahead. Eroding net neutrality, filter bubbles and centralizing corporate control all threaten the web’s wide-open spaces. It’s up to users to fight for the right to access and openness. The question is, What kind of Internet do we want? […]TEDTalks
- Iceland's Latest Volcanic Eruption Has Airlines Nervous. Here's Why. (INFOGRAPHIC) August 30, 2014Iceland, home to one of the largest glaciers in Europe and a multitude of volcanoes, made headlines this week following news of a small eruption in the Bárðarbunga (or Bardarbunga) volcanic system. At 118 miles long and 15 miles wide, Bardarbunga is Iceland's largest volcanic system, so an eruption could have profound implications for air travel in the […]
- Rock Bands, Startups and Discovering the Next Big Idea August 29, 2014For the past few years, whenever I meet a new startup, I treat them like a rock band. Not only because I believe startups are rock stars, but because I have learned -- from my experience as the owner of an indie record label and as an early-stage investor -- that there are a lot of similarities between the two. Bandmates Every band has to have a lead singer […]
- Several Ways to Give Mobile Devices the Charge they Need to Survive August 29, 2014Unfortunately, in this world of mobile devices, we must face one harsh reality -- all of them need to be recharged. With that in mind, we took a look at several items that can make that task a bit easier. The folks at Belkin have developed a 10-Port USB Charger ($299) that can charge up to 10 devices using a single power outlet. Although this may seem a bit […]
- New Leaked 'iPhone 6' Photos? New Leaked 'iPhone 6' Photos! August 29, 2014Apple's widely rumored unveiling of the new iPhone on September 9th is still a ways off. Until then we have these leaked photos to sustain us. Five photos leaked on the Chinese social network Feng.com show what may be the components for the new iPhone, according to Business Insider. While they may not show the new Apple smartphone fully assembled, they […]
- Natural Is The New Airbrush: An Actress Bares All And Starts A #NOFILTER Revolution August 29, 2014Shelby Bilbruck for GLAM4GOOD Ellen Barkin is my new hero! It's hard these days to know what stars really look like. All the filters and digital retouching that go on top of their pictures make a young woman like me want to retouch my pictures, too. Then along comes 60-year-old Barkin posing for a series of photos in Violet Grey's online magazine, […]
- The Most Cringeworthy Autocorrects Of The Month August 29, 2014Autocorrect can make texting fast and easy. Or, it can make your mom sound like a total perv. In case you haven't giggled enough this month, check out the funniest autocorrects that August 2014 had to offer, courtesy of Damn You Autocorrect. And no, we have never meant to say "ducking". […]
- Family Identity Theft Is Ugly August 29, 2014Identity theft isn’t just the stuff of exciting movie and TV dramas; this happens in real life—and often. In fact, that Target breach that made headlines, Neiman Marcus, those 1. 2 Billion records the Russian cyber gang hacked: all identity theft. In 2012, according to one research firm, 12.6 million people in the U.S. alone were victims of ID fraud. This tr […]
- Proud Dad Introduces 'New Mini' To The World Via Clever Apple Parody Website August 29, 2014This is a baby announcement like you've never seen it. A former Apple employee crafted a clever website to announce the August 22 birth of his son, Jonathan Henry, by fashioning it in the style of an Apple product announcement page. Simple. Sleek. Adorable. "Hello, Baby," the website's homepage reads. "Introducing Jonathan, the brand […]
- Mother Upset After Daughter Accesses Erotic Stories On School iPad August 29, 2014One mother is not pleased about the sites her daughter has been able to access on a school-issued iPad. An Oregon mother identified as Sarah says she discovered her 12-year-old daughter reading erotica on a school iPad, even though the school blocked inappropriate sites. Students from Neil Armstrong Middle School are only supposed to use the iPads for educat […]
- Laser Pointer Proves That Cats And Children Are Basically The Same August 29, 2014This just in: super-scientific experimentation has proven that cats and kids are pretty much operating on the same level. The video above, uploaded by YouTube user abbadontaud, captures a toddler and cat excitedly chasing the bouncing red dot of a laser pointer together. Both seem equally invested in catching the red dot, and equally assured of its real, tac […]