Where Minotaurs Come From.
Minding my own business.
Dreams VS Reality.
News Anchors Fails of 2011.
Tasty Burger. Classic Samuel Jackson.
Just a flesh wound.
Bring out your dead!
From Full Metal Jacket.
Bob & Tom at it again.
This is hilarious.
I believe the medical term for this is headupassitis.
Texting gone bad.
- couragealways on Jonathan Harris collects stories
- Bad Monkey on U.S. Chamber Battles Climate Bill
- couragealways on U.S. Chamber Battles Climate Bill
- couragealways on Chip Conley: Measuring what makes life worthwhile
- couragealways on Donald Sadoway: The missing link to renewable energy
- TED: Joy Sun: Should you donate differently? - Joy Sun (2014)Technology allows us to give cash directly to the poorest people on the planet. Should we do it? In this thought-provoking talk, veteran aid worker Joy Sun explores two ways to help the poor. […]TEDTalks
- TED: Fred Swaniker: The leaders who ruined Africa, and the generation who can fix it - Fred Swaniker (2014)Before he hit eighteen, Fred Swaniker had lived in Ghana, Gambia, Botswana and Zimbabwe. What he learned from a childhood across Africa was that while good leaders can't make much of a difference in societies with strong institutions, in countries with weak structures, leaders could make or break a country. In a passionate talk the entrepreneur and TED […]TEDTalks
- TED: Susan Etlinger: What do we do with all this big data? - Susan Etlinger (2014)Does a set of data make you feel more comfortable? More successful? Then your interpretation of it is likely wrong. In a surprisingly moving talk, Susan Etlinger explains why, as we receive more and more data, we need to deepen our critical thinking skills. Because it's hard to move beyond counting things to really understanding them. […]TEDTalks
- TED: Kitra Cahana: My father, locked in his body but soaring free - Kitra Cahana (2014)In 2011 Ronnie Cahana suffered a severe stroke that left him with locked-in syndrome: completely paralyzed except for his eyes. While this might shatter a normal person’s mental state, Cahana found peace in “dimming down the external chatter,” and “fell in love with life and body anew.” In a somber, emotional talk, his daughter Kitra shares how she documente […]TEDTalks
- TED: Melissa Fleming: Let’s help refugees thrive, not just survive - Melissa Fleming (2014)50 million people in the world today have been forcefully displaced from their home — a level not seen since WWII. Right now, more than 3 million Syrian refugees are seeking shelter in neighboring countries. In Lebanon, half of these refugees are children; only 20% are in school. Melissa Fleming of the UN's refugee agency calls on all of us to make sure […]TEDTalks
- TED: Jorge Soto: The future of early cancer detection? - Jorge Soto (2014)Along with a crew of technologists and scientists, Jorge Soto is developing a simple, noninvasive, open-source test that looks for early signs of multiple forms of cancer. Onstage at TEDGlobal 2014, he demonstrates a working prototype of the mobile platform for the first time. […]TEDTalks
- TED: Myriam Sidibe: The simple power of hand-washing - Myriam Sidibe (2014)Myriam Sidibe is a warrior in the fight against childhood disease. Her weapon of choice? A bar of soap. For cost-effective prevention against sickness, it’s hard to beat soapy hand-washing, which cuts down risk of pneumonia, diarrhea, cholera and worse. Sidibe, a public-health expert, makes a smart case for public-private partnerships to promote clean hands […]TEDTalks
- TED: Jeff Iliff: One more reason to get a good night’s sleep - Jeff Iliff (2014)The brain uses a quarter of the body's entire energy supply, yet only accounts for about two percent of the body's mass. So how does this unique organ receive and, perhaps more importantly, rid itself of vital nutrients? New research suggests it has to do with sleep. […]TEDTalks
- TED: Glenn Greenwald: Why privacy matters - Glenn Greenwald (2014)Glenn Greenwald was one of the first reporters to see -- and write about -- the Edward Snowden files, with their revelations about the United States' extensive surveillance of private citizens. In this searing talk, Greenwald makes the case for why you need to care about privacy, even if you’re “not doing anything you need to hide." […]TEDTalks
- TED: Dilip Ratha: The hidden force in global economics: sending money home - Dilip Ratha (2014)In 2013, international migrants sent $413 billion home to families and friends — three times more than the total of global foreign aid (about $135 billion). This money, known as remittances, makes a significant difference in the lives of those receiving it and plays a major role in the economies of many countries. Economist Dilip Ratha describes the promise […]TEDTalks
- No, This Isn't Google Street View, It's NYC In Minecraft October 22, 2014If you think you're looking at a real-life NYC skyscraper, thank 19-year-old Duncan Parcells' architectural genius. The teen built his own version of New York City using 4.5 million Minecraft blocks and some insane gaming skills, as reported by the BBC. Parcells dubbed his virtual Minecraft world Titan City. Titan City's made up of 96 incredib […]
- Here's Why You're 20-Something and Single October 22, 2014I've written before about the cultural implications, stigma, and challenges millennials face, from choosing colleges to choosing which battles to fight. So, in that vein, here's another issue plaguing the life of your average 20-something: Dating. Let's be honest: it sucks. Is your idea of a fun Friday night meeting an acquaintance for a drink […]
- 12 Examples: Pew's Online Harassment Survey Highlights Digital Gender Safety October 22, 2014This morning, Pew Research released the findings of their most recent report, Online Harassment. This is a timely study, coming fast on the heels of hacked photographs of more than 100 celebrities, this month's ongoing Gamergate, and this week's Lewis' Law Twitter welcome to Monica Lewinsky in the wake of her anti-cyber bullying initiative lau […]
- Terrible People Prey On Ebola Fears In New Email Scam October 22, 2014If you get an email from a seemingly trustworthy organization about the Ebola virus in the coming days, beware. It could very well be a scam to obtain your personal info. The emails look like they're from organizations like the World Health Organization. But when you click on its attachments, they install a DarkComet Remote Access Trojan (RAT) onto your […]
- iPhone's Mobile Payment Systems -- How Secure? October 22, 2014co-authored by Dr. Stephen Bryen, Founder & CTO Ziklag Systems Apple has introduced a new mobile payment system that exploits some of the features of the newest iPhones. Apple claims that it is much more secure than its competitors. But is it? Apple has done a few things that are interesting. Among them, applied "tokenization" to handling credi […]
- There's An Online Dating 'Tipping Point,' According To A New Study October 22, 2014The rules of dating are not simple and finite -- they're complicated and constantly changing, especially when you factor in online dating. Now, a new study has unearthed yet another thing you could be getting wrong: Online daters can doom themselves to disappointment if they wait too long to meet prospective partners in person. A new study published rec […]
- Bill Murray Says He Was Tindering Before Tinder Even Existed October 22, 2014Bill Murray knows all about Tinder, but he doesn't think he needs it. On Tuesday, the actor spoke about the popular dating app on "Jimmy Kimmel Live." "I think it could be amusing, but I can't imagine doing it particularly," Murray said. "I feel like I've lived that life and I can live that life any moment. Like I can […]
- A Global Alliance in Defense of Freedom of the Press October 22, 2014The censorship imposed by Nicolás Maduro against Infobae is not an isolated incident. The Venezuelan regime has done the same thing before to local and international media. In the last few years, other publications have been "disconnected" from the Internet all around the world. But the problem of censorship against the press has a solution. A gove […]
- Silicon Valley Must Join the Ebola Battle Before It Becomes a Matter of Survival October 22, 2014Mark Zuckerberg recently announced a donation of $25 million to the Centers for Disease Control Foundation to help fight Ebola. He noted that the Ebola epidemic has infected 8,400 people so far and could infect one million people or more if not addressed immediately. Zuckerberg's involvement is an important step forward for the technology industry, and […]
- Apple Pay Fail: Some Bank Of America Customers Getting Double-Charged October 22, 2014Apple Pay has been double-charging some Bank of America customers on transactions, according to CNN’s Samuel Burke. Burke used Apple's new mobile-payment system on Monday, the day of its highly touted rollout, to make purchases with his Bank of America debit card at Whole Foods and Duane Reade. Those purchases appeared twice on his bank statement the fo […]