Where Minotaurs Come From.
Minding my own business.
Dreams VS Reality.
News Anchors Fails of 2011.
Tasty Burger. Classic Samuel Jackson.
Just a flesh wound.
Bring out your dead!
From Full Metal Jacket.
Bob & Tom at it again.
This is hilarious.
I believe the medical term for this is headupassitis.
Texting gone bad.
- couragealways on Jonathan Harris collects stories
- Bad Monkey on U.S. Chamber Battles Climate Bill
- couragealways on U.S. Chamber Battles Climate Bill
- couragealways on Chip Conley: Measuring what makes life worthwhile
- couragealways on Donald Sadoway: The missing link to renewable energy
- TED: Ze Frank: Are you human? - Ze Frank (2014)Have you ever wondered: Am I a human being? Ze Frank suggests a series of simple questions that will determine this. Please relax and follow the prompts. Let's begin … […]TEDTalks
- TED: Heather Barnett: What humans can learn from semi-intelligent slime - Heather Barnett (2014)Inspired by biological design and self-organizing systems, artist Heather Barnett co-creates with physarum polycephalum, a eukaryotic microorganism that lives in cool, moist areas. What can people learn from the semi-intelligent slime mold? Watch this talk to find out. […]TEDTalks
- TED: Shih Chieh Huang: Sculptures that’d be at home in the deep sea - Shih Chieh Huang (2014)When he was young, artist Shih Chieh Huang loved taking toys apart and perusing the aisles of night markets in Taiwan for unexpected objects. Today, this TED Fellow creates madcap sculptures that seem to have a life of their own—with eyes that blink, tentacles that unfurl and parts that light up like bioluminescent sea creatures. […]TEDTalks
- TED: Nikolai Begg: A tool to fix one of the most dangerous moments in surgery - Nikolai Begg (2013)Surgeons are required every day to puncture human skin before procedures — with the risk of damaging what's on the other side. In a fascinating talk, find out how mechanical engineer Nikolai Begg is using physics to update an important medical device, called the trocar, and improve one of the most dangerous moments in many common surgeries. […]TEDTalks
- TED: David Chalmers: How do you explain consciousness? - David Chalmers (2014)Our consciousness is a fundamental aspect of our existence, says philosopher David Chalmers: “There’s nothing we know about more directly…. but at the same time it’s the most mysterious phenomenon in the universe.” He shares some ways to think about the movie playing in our heads. […]TEDTalks
- TED: David Kwong: Two nerdy obsessions meet -- and it's magic - David Kwong (2014)David Kwong is a magician who makes crossword puzzles -- in other words, a pretty nerdy guy. And for his next trick ... […]TEDTalks
- TED: Karima Bennoune: When people of Muslim heritage challenge fundamentalism - Karima Bennoune (2014)Karima Bennoune shares four powerful stories of real people fighting against fundamentalism in their own communities — refusing to allow the faith they love to become a tool for crime, attacks and murder. These personal stories humanize one of the most overlooked human-rights struggles in the world. […]TEDTalks
- TED: Renata Salecl: Our unhealthy obsession with choice - Renata Salecl (2013)We face an endless string of choices, which leads us to feel anxiety, guilt and pangs of inadequacy that we are perhaps making the wrong ones. But philosopher Renata Salecl asks: Could individual choices be distracting us from something bigger—our power as social thinkers? A bold call for us to stop taking personal choice so seriously and focus on the choice […]TEDTalks
- TED: Nicholas Negroponte: A 30-year history of the future - Nicholas Negroponte (2014)MIT Media Lab founder Nicholas Negroponte takes you on a journey through the last 30 years of tech. The consummate predictor highlights interfaces and innovations he foresaw in the 1970s and 1980s that were scoffed at then but are ubiquitous today. And he leaves you with one last (absurd? brilliant?) prediction for the coming 30 years. […]TEDTalks
- TED: Joi Ito: Want to innovate? Become a "now-ist" - Joi Ito (2014)“Remember before the internet?” asks Joi Ito. “Remember when people used to try to predict the future?” In this engaging talk, the head of the MIT Media Lab skips the future predictions and instead shares a new approach to creating in the moment: building quickly and improving constantly, without waiting for permission or for proof that you have the right id […]TEDTalks
- Betting On Teens In Wearable Tech July 31, 2014Disney, Mattel, Xbox, and PlayStation take note; wearables for teens are here, and they are about to disrupt your business. Wearables for teens are nothing like the boring calorie counters marketed to adults. Instead, a whole new breed of wearable tech is emerging that that is targeted at helping young people do the things they want to do, like play, game, a […]
- What's Stopping Media From Posting PII? Not Much July 31, 2014My company CSID is based in Austin, Texas, and we're in the midst of an extreme drought. The City and our citizens take water conservation very seriously as we've been under Stage 2 watering restrictions for most of the last two years, limiting outdoor watering to one day per week. In Austin, a lush, green lawn raises a few eyebrows. So, it's […]
- This App Is Like Pinterest, Except It Wants To Teach You Something July 31, 2014There are plenty of companies out there that claim to be the Google for this or the Netflix of that. But this "Pinterest for learning" may be on to something. Launched two years ago, Learnist has earned a small but steady audience -- 3.5 million to 4 million people log on every month -- for its slideshow-like "boards" meant to educate rea […]
- Apple iPhone 5S, iPad Air Still Outperform July 31, 2014Maintains Strong Share of Total US Sales Consumer Intelligence Research Partners (CIRP), today released analysis of the results from its research on Apple, Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) for the calendar quarter that ended June 30, 2014. CIRP finds that the flagship iPhone 5S and iPad Air continue to outperform other models. Each accounts for a higher share of sales tha […]
- Verizon Wins With Data July 31, 2014Data Plan Strategies Help Verizon Beat Other Carriers Consumer Intelligence Research Partners (CIRP) released analysis of the results from its research on mobile phone carriers for the calendar quarter that ended June 30, 2014. This analysis features findings about consumer trends in mobile phone activations from April-June 2014, and is based on its survey o […]
- Polaroid Enters the Action Camera Business with XS100i July 31, 2014Usually when we think of sports action cameras, GoPro is the first brand that comes to mind. Well, the folks at Polaroid are determined to change that. The new Polaroid XS100i ($179.99) is a 1080p HD, waterproof camera that delivers everything you'd expect from one of these rigs. The one we played with included mounting kits for bikes and helmets and a […]
- Geared Up For Robotics July 31, 2014In 2010, my robotics team was competing in the World Competition for the FIRST LEGO League. As we waited for the Egyptian team to take the stage during the awards ceremony, a woman asked us to raise our hands in the air and do a motion similar to jazz hands, instead of clapping. We prepared to hear another speech. Instead, we witnessed this all deaf team giv […]
- Amazing 'See-Through' Mice Seen As Aid To Study Of Anatomy July 31, 2014NEW YORK (AP) — Researchers have found a way to make see-through mice, but you won't find these critters scampering in your kitchen. The transparent rodents aren't alive and they're for research only, to help scientists study fine details of anatomy. Before they are treated with chemicals, the animals are euthanized and their skin removed. Res […]
- Cybersex Instructional Video From 1997 Is So Bad It's Good (But Still Bad) July 31, 2014Dear single people of the world: do you ever find yourself at home on a Saturday night, cursing your lame Tinder matches and wishing there was more to your sex life? Well, cry no more; "How To Have CyberSex On The Internet" is here to help you. This instructional video, discovered by the folks at Found Footage, is from a VHS tape circa 1997 (from a […]
- Monica Lewinsky Didn't Like That 'Orange Is The New Black' Joke July 31, 2014Remember that time "Orange is the New Black" made a crass joke about Monica Lewinsky? It's okay if not -- the gag was featured during the 11th episode of the show's first season -- but Lewinsky just got around to the show recently, and was none too pleased to find her name used as a punchline. "I did what I usually do in these situat […]