Where Minotaurs Come From.
Minding my own business.
Dreams VS Reality.
News Anchors Fails of 2011.
Tasty Burger. Classic Samuel Jackson.
Just a flesh wound.
Bring out your dead!
From Full Metal Jacket.
Bob & Tom at it again.
This is hilarious.
I believe the medical term for this is headupassitis.
Texting gone bad.
- couragealways on Jonathan Harris collects stories
- Bad Monkey on U.S. Chamber Battles Climate Bill
- couragealways on U.S. Chamber Battles Climate Bill
- couragealways on Chip Conley: Measuring what makes life worthwhile
- couragealways on Donald Sadoway: The missing link to renewable energy
- The deadly legacy of cluster bombs | Laura BoushnakThe destruction of war doesn't stop when the fighting is over. During the 34-day Israel-Hezbollah War in 2006, an estimated four million cluster submunitions were dropped on Lebanon, killing indiscriminately. The danger remains, as many bomblets failed to explode and lay dormant, waiting to maim or kill anyone who encounters them. In this talk, photogra […]
- What we can do to die well | Timothy IhrigThe healthcare industry in America is so focused on pathology, surgery and pharmacology -- on what doctors "do" to patients -- that it often overlooks the values of the human beings it's supposed to care for. Palliative care physician Timothy Ihrig explains the benefits of a different approach, one that fosters a patient's overall quality […]
- The next manufacturing revolution is here | Olivier ScalabreEconomic growth has been slowing for the past 50 years, but relief might come from an unexpected place -- a new form of manufacturing that is neither what you thought it was nor where you thought it was. Industrial systems thinker Olivier Scalabre details how a fourth manufacturing revolution will produce a macroeconomic shift and boost employment, productiv […]
- How Argentina's blind soccer team became champions | Gonzalo VilariñoWith warmth and respect, Gonzalo Vilariño tells the captivating story of Argentina's blind soccer team -- and how a sincere belief in themselves and their capabilities transformed the players from humble beginnings into two-time World Champions. "You have to get out there and play every game in this beautiful tournament that we call life," Vil […]
- A letter to all who have lost in this era | Anand GiridharadasSummer, 2016: amid populist revolts, clashing resentments and fear, writer Anand Giridharadas doesn't give a talk but reads a letter. It's from those who have won in this era of change, to those who have, or feel, lost. It confesses to ignoring pain until it became anger. It chides an idealistic yet remote elite for its behind-closed-doors world-sa […]
- Hunting for Peru's lost civilizations -- with satellites | Sarah ParcakAround the world, hundreds of thousands of lost ancient sites lie buried and hidden from view. Satellite archaeologist Sarah Parcak is determined to find them before looters do. With the 2016 TED Prize, Parcak is building an online citizen-science tool called GlobalXplorer that will train an army of volunteer explorers to find and protect the world's hi […]
- 3 moons and a planet that could have alien life | James GreenIs there life beyond Earth? Join NASA's director of planetary science James Green for a survey of the places in our solar system that are most likely to harbor alien life. […]
- A small country with big ideas to get rid of fossil fuels | Monica ArayaHow do we build a society without fossil fuels? Using her native Costa Rica as an example of positive action on environmental protection and renewables, climate advocate Monica Araya outlines a bold vision for a world committed to clean energy in all sectors. […]
- What a planet needs to sustain life | Dave Brain"Venus is too hot, Mars is too cold, and Earth is just right," says planetary scientist Dave Brain. But why? In this pleasantly humorous talk, Brain explores the fascinating science behind what it takes for a planet to host life -- and why humanity may just be in the right place at the right time when it comes to the timeline of life-sustaining pla […]
- How Africa can keep rising | Ngozi Okonjo-IwealaAfrican growth is a trend, not a fluke, says economist and former Finance Minister of Nigeria Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala. In this refreshingly candid and straightforward talk, Okonjo-Iweala describes the positive progress on the continent and outlines eight challenges African nations still need to address in order to create a better future. […]
- How to Get the Most Value Out of Your Coding Bootcamp August 24, 2016What are some tips for making the most of a coding bootcamp? originally appeared on Quora - the knowledge sharing network where compelling questions are answered by people with unique insights. Answer by David Yang, Co-Founder and Lead Instructor at Fullstack Academy, on Quora: Start Strong. This depends on what your goal is for going to a coding bootcamp, b […]
- Win The Coolest Drones, Robots, Planes and Gadgets of 2016 August 24, 2016As regular readers of this column and viewers of our YouTube Channel know, we LOVE gadgets. Robots, drones, planes and anything that beeps, bops and makes us go, "cool" is something we just need to share with our readers. Now We Are Not Just Sharing Reviews, We Are Sharing The Gadgets We get it. It is a bit of a tease to see us review and play with […]
- The World Next Door August 24, 2016A view of the surface of the planet Proxima b orbiting the red dwarf star Proxima Centauri, the closest star to our Solar System, is seen in an undated artist's impression released by the European Southern Observatory August 24, 2016. If it's for real, it's the closest planet beyond our solar system. The closest planet in outer space. Astronom […]
- The Risk of Risk Consultancy and the Need to Be Fully End-to-End Trust Management August 24, 2016The recent announcement by PwC to recruit 1000 Risk consultants (1) is typical where large factory oriented consultancies like PwC often recruit large numbers of people and there is often a high rate of change inside the organization as it chases the latest deals that are selling in the market. The area of risk and cyber threats is particularly attractive to […]
- Pharma Giant Finally Spending Its Money On Drugs, Not Tax Dodges August 24, 2016Pfizer went on a shopping spree this week, spending nearly $15.6 billion on two acquisitions to boost its array of cancer drugs and antibiotics. The Viagra maker on Monday bought Medivation for $14 billion, adding the San Francisco-based firm’s lucrative prostate cancer drug Xtandi to its roster of oncology treatments. On Wednesday, the company announced the […]
- Trailblazing: How to Be at the Top of the Startup Game August 24, 2016Over the last few years, I've been focusing even more on mentorship, specifically in the startup community. People who have worked with me know that I'm passionate about helping startups become trailblazers and giving back to the community, just like we do at our agency, 24Notion. It's important to pay things forward because it helps entrepren […]
- Starship Technologies Trial Robot Delivery Technology With Swiss Post August 24, 2016Whilst Amazon has garnered much of the publicity in terms of drone based deliveries, there has been an equally interesting progression in ground based delivery systems. Leading the pack is the device developed by Starship Technologies that started making waves last year. The company hope to automate the last mile delivery process, and their robots are design […]
- This Dancing Whale Is Going To Consume Your Whole Day August 24, 2016This bizarre cartoon whale is frowning, but we bet he’s going to make you smile. Go here to find out what we’re talking about. When you move the cursor, grumpy orca will follow it. And if you wave it around, the whale dances in a very delightful way. (This unfortunately doesn’t work on mobile, but please, save the link for when you’re at a desktop. It’s wort […]
- How IOT Can Make a City Smarter? August 24, 2016Image Source IOT (Internet of things) has become the talk of the technological world, but have you ever thought about this concept deeply and analyzed how it can change your lives? IOT can make a city smarter than you could have ever imagined. It would definitely make the world more measurable and quantifiable where businessmen could make better decisions in […]
- Can Machines Supersede Human Beings? August 24, 2016The futurist films about robots trying to overturn the humankind and ruling the world might not be as unrealistic, especially nowadays when the technology is developing at an accelerated speed. Things that are common nowadays, like a smartphone, Wi-Fi, cosmos exploration seemed quite unreal less than a century ago. And nowadays the most burning topic is furt […]