Where Minotaurs Come From.
Minding my own business.
Dreams VS Reality.
News Anchors Fails of 2011.
Tasty Burger. Classic Samuel Jackson.
Just a flesh wound.
Bring out your dead!
From Full Metal Jacket.
Bob & Tom at it again.
This is hilarious.
I believe the medical term for this is headupassitis.
Texting gone bad.
- couragealways on Jonathan Harris collects stories
- Bad Monkey on U.S. Chamber Battles Climate Bill
- couragealways on U.S. Chamber Battles Climate Bill
- couragealways on Chip Conley: Measuring what makes life worthwhile
- couragealways on Donald Sadoway: The missing link to renewable energy
- Economic growth has stalled. Let's fix it | Dambisa MoyoEconomic growth is the defining challenge of our time; without it, political and social instability rises, human progress stagnates and societies grow dimmer. But, says economist Dambisa Moyo, dogmatic capitalism isn't creating the growth we need. As she shows, in both state-sponsored and market-driven models, capitalism is failing to solve social ills, […]
- Special Olympics let me be myself -- a champion | Matthew WilliamsHow much do you know about intellectual disabilities? Special Olympics champion and ambassador Matthew Williams is proof that athletic competition and the camaraderie it fosters can transform lives, both on and off the field. Together with his fellow athletes, he invites you to join him at the next meet -- and challenges you to walk away with your heart unch […]
- How we'll fight the next deadly virus | Pardis SabetiWhen Ebola broke out in March 2014, Pardis Sabeti and her team got to work sequencing the virus's genome, learning how it mutated and spread. Sabeti immediately released her research online, so virus trackers and scientists from around the world could join in the urgent fight. In this talk, she shows how open cooperation was key to halting the virus ... […]
- A simple way to break a bad habit | Judson BrewerCan we break bad habits by being more curious about them? Psychiatrist Judson Brewer studies the relationship between mindfulness and addiction -- from smoking to overeating to all those other things we do even though we know they're bad for us. Learn more about the mechanism of habit development and discover a simple but profound tactic that might help […]
- How I found a mythical boiling river in the Amazon | Andrés RuzoWhen Andrés Ruzo was a young boy in Peru, his grandfather told him a story with an odd detail: There is a river, deep in the Amazon, which boils as if a fire burns below it. Twelve years later, after training as a geoscientist, he set out on a journey deep into the jungle of South America in search of this boiling river. At a time when everything seems mappe […]
- A delightful way to teach kids about computers | Linda LiukasComputer code is the next universal language, and its syntax will be limited only by the imaginations of the next generation of programmers. Linda Liukas is helping to educate problem-solving kids, encouraging them to see computers not as mechanical, boring and complicated but as colorful, expressive machines meant to be tinkered with. In this talk, she invi […]
- Our campaign to ban plastic bags in Bali | Melati and Isabel WijsenPlastic bags are essentially indestructible, yet they're used and thrown away with reckless abandon. Most end up in the ocean, where they pollute the water and harm marine life; the rest are burned in garbage piles, where they release harmful dioxins into the atmosphere. Melati and Isabel Wijsen are on a mission to stop plastic bags from suffocating the […]
- A robot that runs and swims like a salamander | Auke IjspeertRoboticist Auke Ijspeert designs biorobots, machines modeled after real animals that are capable of handling complex terrain and would appear at home in the pages of a sci-fi novel. The process of creating these robots leads to better automata that can be used for fieldwork, service, and search and rescue. But these robots don't just mimic the natural w […]
- Should you be able to patent a human gene? | Tania SimoncelliA decade ago, US law said human genes were patentable -- which meant patent holders had the right to stop anyone from sequencing, testing or even looking at a patented gene. Troubled by the way this law both harmed patients and created a barrier to biomedical innovation, Tania Simoncelli and her colleagues at the ACLU challenged it. In this riveting talk, he […]
- Glow-in-the-dark sharks and other stunning sea creatures | David GruberJust a few meters below the waves, marine biologist and explorer-photographer David Gruber discovered something amazing -- a surprising new range of sea creatures that glow in many colors in the ocean's dim blue light. Join his journey in search of biofluorescent sharks, seahorses, sea turtles and more, and learn how these light-up creatures could illum […]
- Sensors and Convergence (Part 1) February 8, 2016Unexpected convergent consequences… this is what happens when eight different exponential technologies all explode onto the scene at once. An expert might be reasonably good at predicting the growth of a single exponential technology (e.g. the Internet of Things), but try to predict the future when the following eight technologies are all doubling, morphing […]
- France Gives Facebook 3 Months To Stop Tracking 'Non-Users' February 8, 2016BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The French data protection authority on Monday gave Facebook three months to stop tracking non-users' web activity without their consent and ordered the social network to stop transferring data to the United States using an illegal data transfer pact. "The company does not inform Internet users that it sets a cookie on their te […]
- Tech Would Be Better If More Women Designed It February 8, 2016Getting more women into the STEM workforce would lead to better performance and better products, according to global consultancy firm Accenture. -- This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website. […]
- Safer Internet Day Celebrated in Hollywood and Around the Globe February 8, 2016Tuesday is Safer Internet Day, a celebration of ways to make the Internet a better place, which is celebrated in more than 100 countries on the second Tuesday of February. The U.S. event will take place at Universal Studios Hollywood and webcast , starting at 10 AM Pacific time (1 PT ET) so that everyone can take part. More than 300 students from Southern Ca […]
- Facebook's 'Free' Internet Service Blocked In India February 8, 2016India introduced rules on Monday to prevent Internet service providers from having different pricing policies for accessing different parts of the Web, in a setback to Facebook Inc's plan to roll out a pared-back free Internet service to the masses. The new rules came after a two-month long consultation process that saw Facebook (FB.O) launching a big a […]
- The Digitalization of Prosthetics Is Transforming How Wounded Service Members and Veterans Recover February 8, 2016Sitting on Dr. Peter Liacouras's desk is a razor, a stick of deodorant, and a partially built prosthetic arm. Behind him, several 3D printers buzz away, creating contraptions in plastic, nylon, and titanium. Today he is working on creating a custom device that will allow a wounded service member to get ready in the morning by themselves. We take it for […]
- WordPress 101 - How to Become a Successful Developer February 8, 2016Since its humble beginnings, WordPress has grown into a major hosting platform for many bloggers. It is used by big brands such as Google, Facebook, BBC America, The New Yorker and Variety. There are many advantages to using WordPress. One is the fact that it's free - completely free - for you to do whatever you wish. Moreover, it is easy to learn and e […]
- How To Stop Facebook From Draining Your Phone's Battery February 8, 2016Deleting the Facebook app from your smartphone, whether it's an Android or iPhone, could significantly improve your device's battery life. It could boost your Android's battery by as much as 20 percent, according to Android Central. iPhone users could improve their battery by up to 15 percent, The Guardian's Samuel Gibbs said Monday. This […]
- Friend Of A Friend Is The 'Humans of Social Media' You Never Knew You Needed February 8, 2016Imagine meeting 100 people you only know from the Internet. Sort of scary, right? You also might be thinking, "I don't even know that many people from the Internet!" But, if you combine your Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram following, you might be surprised at the number of not-quite-friends you have on there. Photographer and social media pro […]
- Beyoncé Rented An Airbnb For Her Super Bowl Weekend February 8, 2016Queens can still take part in the sharing economy. Beyoncé posted a photo to Facebook Monday of her seated on a couch wearing a sweatsuit. The photo was seemingly taken Sunday night after her Super Bowl halftime show performance. "It was a Super weekend," she wrote, and tagged Airbnb. Airbnb, a site for listing and renting properties that's […]