Where Minotaurs Come From.
Minding my own business.
Dreams VS Reality.
News Anchors Fails of 2011.
Tasty Burger. Classic Samuel Jackson.
Just a flesh wound.
Bring out your dead!
From Full Metal Jacket.
Bob & Tom at it again.
This is hilarious.
I believe the medical term for this is headupassitis.
Texting gone bad.
- couragealways on Jonathan Harris collects stories
- Bad Monkey on U.S. Chamber Battles Climate Bill
- couragealways on U.S. Chamber Battles Climate Bill
- couragealways on Chip Conley: Measuring what makes life worthwhile
- couragealways on Donald Sadoway: The missing link to renewable energy
- Esther Perel: Rethinking infidelity ... a talk for anyone who has ever lovedInfidelity is the ultimate betrayal. But does it have to be? Relationship therapist Esther Perel examines why people cheat, and unpacks why affairs are so traumatic: because they threaten our emotional security. In infidelity, she sees something unexpected — an expression of longing and loss. A must-watch for anyone who has ever cheated or been cheated on, o […]TEDTalks
- Steven Wise: Chimps have feelings and thoughts. They should also have rightsChimpanzees are people too, you know. Ok, not exactly. But lawyer Steven Wise has spent the last 30 years working to change these animals' status from "things" to "persons." It's not a matter of legal semantics; as he describes in this fascinating talk, recognizing that animals like chimps have extraordinary cognitive capabiliti […]TEDTalks
- Cosmin Mihaiu: Physical therapy is boring -- play a game insteadYou’ve just been injured, and you’re on the way home from an hour of physical therapy. The last thing you want to do on your own is confusing exercises that take too long to show results. TED Fellow Cosmin Mihaiu demos a fun, cheap solution that turns boring physical therapy exercises into a video game with crystal-clear instructions. […]TEDTalks
- Martine Rothblatt: My daughter, my wife, our robot, and the quest for immortalityThe founder of Sirius XM satellite radio, Martine Rothblatt now heads up a drug company that makes life-saving medicines for rare diseases (including one drug that saved her own daughter's life). Meanwhile she is working to preserve the consciousness of the woman she loves in a digital file ... and a companion robot. In an onstage conversation with TED […]TEDTalks
- The Lady Lifers: A moving song from women in prison for lifeThe ten women in this chorus have all been sentenced to life in prison. They share a moving song about their experiences — one that reveals their hopes, regrets and fears. "I'm not an angel," sings one, "but I'm not the devil." Filmed at an independent TEDx event inside Muncy State Prison, it's a rare and poignant look insi […]TEDTalks
- Roman Mars: Why city flags may be the worst-designed thing you've never noticedRoman Mars is obsessed with flags -- and after you watch this talk, you might be, too. These ubiquitous symbols of civic pride are often designed, well, pretty terribly. But they don't have to be. In this surprising and hilarious talk about vexillology -- the study of flags -- Mars reveals the five basic principles of flag design and shows why he believ […]TEDTalks
- Elora Hardy: Magical houses, made of bambooYou've never seen buildings like this. The stunning bamboo homes built by Elora Hardy and her team in Bali twist, curve and surprise at every turn. They defy convention because the bamboo itself is so enigmatic. No two poles of bamboo are alike, so every home, bridge and bathroom is exquisitely unique. In this beautiful, immersive talk, she shares the p […]TEDTalks
- Anand Varma: A thrilling look at the first 21 days of a bee’s lifeWe’ve heard that bees are disappearing. But what is making bee colonies so vulnerable? Photographer Anand Varma raised bees in his backyard — in front of a camera — to get an up close view. This project, for the May 2015 issue of National Geographic Magazine, gives a lyrical glimpse into a bee hive — and reveals one of the biggest threats to its health, a mi […]TEDTalks
- Dawn Landes: A song for my hero, the woman who rowed into a hurricaneSinger-songwriter Dawn Landes tells the story of Tori Murden McClure, who dreamed of rowing across the Atlantic in a small boat -- but whose dream was almost capsized by waves the size of a seven-story building. Through video, story and song, Landes imagines the mindset of a woman alone in the midst of the vast ocean. (This talk was part of a session at TED2 […]TEDTalks
- Tal Danino: Programming bacteria to detect cancer (and maybe treat it)Liver cancer is one of the most difficult cancers to detect, but synthetic biologist Tal Danino had a left-field thought: What if we could create a probiotic, edible bacteria that was "programmed" to find liver tumors? His insight exploits something we're just beginning to understand about bacteria: their power of quorum sensing, or doing some […]TEDTalks
- Instagram Users Went #WithoutShoes This Month And Gave 265,000 Pairs To Kids In Need May 21, 2015Showing off your bare feet might not be the most glamorous trend on Instagram, but you might be able to argue it's the most impactful. Hundreds of thousands of social media users have been providing shoes to those in need around the world this month by tagging barefoot photos with the #WithoutShoes hashtag. The eighth annual One Day Without Shoes campai […]
- 5 Behind-The-Scenes Stories You've Never Heard About 'Star Wars,' According To Boba Fett May 21, 2015May 21 marks the 35th anniversary of the second "Star Wars" movie, "The Empire Strikes Back." Perpetually curious about the series, The Huffington Post reached out to actor Jeremy Bulloch for stories. Notably, Bulloch played ruthless bounty-hunter Boba Fett and made his iconic debut in this installment of Lucas' original trilogy. 1. […]
- These Are The Cities Where You Can Now Request A Spanish-Speaking Uber Driver May 21, 2015“Tu Uber está llegando.” This is the phrase that will notify users of the new UberESPAÑOL that their ride is arriving, in lieu of the app's emblematic “Your Uber is arriving now” notification. The private car and rideshare company launched the new program on Tuesday, allowing users in six U.S. locations to request Spanish-speaking drivers. In a blog pos […]
- Watchdog Finds Huge Failure In Surveillance Oversight Ahead Of Patriot Act Deadline May 21, 2015WASHINGTON -- In a declassified and heavily redacted report on a controversial Patriot Act provision, the Justice Department’s inspector general found that the government had failed to implement guidelines limiting the amount of data collected on Americans for seven years. Section 215 of the Patriot Act, which is set to expire June 1 unless Congress reauthor […]
- Congress to Vote on Surveillance Reforms After Misuse May 21, 2015Several key provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act, enacted in the wake of 9/11, have afforded the government considerable access to electronic communications records. Some of them expire at the end of May, and their future is mired in uncertainty. It remains to be seen whether the Senate and the Congress will reauthorize them, allow those provisions to lapse, or […]
- There's More To The Disruption Brewing In The Tech Industry Than On-Demand Startups May 21, 2015Even if we're living in an increasingly on-demand world, you still have to be able to pay to play. On Thursday, New York Times columnist Farhad Manjoo questioned whether a new crop of startups providing on-demand services are ever going to make their products affordable enough to appeal to consumers outside of the top tax bracket. It's a worthy que […]
- Russia Warns Google, Twitter, Facebook Of Possible Block May 21, 2015By Maria Tsvetkova and Eric Auchard MOSCOW/FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Russia's media watchdog has written to Google, Twitter and Facebook warning them against violating Russian Internet laws and a spokesman said on Thursday they risk being blocked if they do not comply with the rules. Roskomnadzor said it had sent letters this week to the three U.S.-based In […]
- How Green Is Your Cloud? Why Providers Should Lead on Transparency May 21, 2015After joining The Huffington Post Ops team, I'm finally in a position to speak openly about what I do at work. This is an empowering change after working for a company that is very bound by Non-Disclosure Agreements. That company is doing great things that I STILL can't talk about and it's just the nature of the business they do, not some kind […]
- Folly Is Joy May 21, 2015Click here for the previous part of this series and here for part one. The near future A man and a woman stand in a kitchen prepping food and watching a pot boil. M: Come on babe, that's too much salt. W: What? I barely put any in. M: Barely? I wouldn't call that barely. W: What do you mean? M: I'm just saying you can be a little heavy with th […]
- Lena Dunham Offers Support To Emma Sulkowicz After Posters Attacking Both Women Appeared In NYC May 21, 2015Actress Lena Dunham took to Twitter to show support for sexual assault activist Emma Sulkowicz after posters accusing both women of lying about being raped appeared Wednesday around New York City. When Sulkowicz graduated from Columbia University this week, she also concluded an art project -- in which she carried a mattress around campus for nine months -- […]