Where Minotaurs Come From.
Minding my own business.
Dreams VS Reality.
News Anchors Fails of 2011.
Tasty Burger. Classic Samuel Jackson.
Just a flesh wound.
Bring out your dead!
From Full Metal Jacket.
Bob & Tom at it again.
This is hilarious.
I believe the medical term for this is headupassitis.
Texting gone bad.
- couragealways on Jonathan Harris collects stories
- Bad Monkey on U.S. Chamber Battles Climate Bill
- couragealways on U.S. Chamber Battles Climate Bill
- couragealways on Chip Conley: Measuring what makes life worthwhile
- couragealways on Donald Sadoway: The missing link to renewable energy
- Nizar Ibrahim: How we unearthed the spinosaurusA 50-foot-long carnivore who hunted its prey in rivers 97 million years ago, the spinosaurus is a "dragon from deep time." Paleontologist Nizar Ibrahim and his crew found new fossils, hidden in cliffs of the Moroccan Sahara desert, that are helping us learn more about the first swimming dinosaur -- who might also be the largest carnivorous dinosaur […]TEDTalks
- Clint Smith: How to raise a black son in AmericaAs kids, we all get advice from parents and teachers that seems strange, even confusing. This was crystallized one night for a young Clint Smith, who was playing with water guns in a dark parking lot with his white friends. In a heartfelt piece, the poet paints the scene of his father's furious and fearful response. […]TEDTalks
- Chris Milk: How virtual reality can create the ultimate empathy machineChris Milk uses cutting edge technology to produce astonishing films that delight and enchant. But for Milk, the human story is the driving force behind everything he does. In this short, charming talk, he shows some of his collaborations with musicians including Kanye West and Arcade Fire, and describes his latest, mind-bending experiments with virtual real […]TEDTalks
- Jedidah Isler: How I fell in love with quasars, blazars and our incredible universeJedidah Isler first fell in love with the night sky as a little girl. Now she’s an astrophysicist who studies supermassive hyperactive black holes. In a charming talk, she takes us trillions of kilometers from Earth to introduce us to objects that can be 1 to 10 billion times the mass of the sun — and which shoot powerful jet streams of particles in our dire […]TEDTalks
- Gary Haugen: The hidden reason for poverty the world needs to address nowCollective compassion has meant an overall decrease in global poverty since the 1980s, says civil rights lawyer Gary Haugen. Yet for all the world's aid money, there's a pervasive hidden problem keeping poverty alive. Haugen reveals the dark underlying cause we must recognize and act on now. […]TEDTalks
- Nathalie Cabrol: How Mars might hold the secret to the origin of lifeWhile we like to imagine little green men, it’s far more likely that life on other planets will be microbial. Planetary scientist Nathalie Cabrol takes us inside the search for microbes on Mars, a hunt which counterintuitively leads us to the remote lakes of the Andes mountains. This extreme environment — with its thin atmosphere and scorched land — approxim […]TEDTalks
- Paul Tudor Jones II: Why we need to rethink capitalismPaul Tudor Jones II loves capitalism. It's a system that has done him very well over the last few decades. Nonetheless, the hedge fund manager and philanthropist is concerned that a laser focus on profits is, as he puts it, "threatening the very underpinnings of society." In this thoughtful, passionate talk, he outlines his planned counter-off […]TEDTalks
- Takaharu Tezuka: The best kindergarten you’ve ever seenAt this school in Tokyo, five-year-olds cause traffic jams and windows are for Santa to climb into. Meet: the world's cutest kindergarten, designed by architect Takaharu Tezuka. In this charming talk, he walks us through a design process that really lets kids be kids. […]TEDTalks
- Kailash Satyarthi: How to make peace? Get angryHow did a young man born into a high caste in India come to free 83,000 children from slavery? Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Kailash Satyarthi offers a surprising piece of advice to anyone who wants to change the world for the better: Get angry at injustice. In this powerful talk, he shows how a lifetime of peace-making sprang from a lifetime of outrage. […]TEDTalks
- Barat Ali Batoor: My desperate journey with a human smugglerPhotojournalist Barat Ali Batoor was living in Afghanistan -- until his risky work forced him to leave the country. But for Batoor, a member of a displaced ethnic group called the Hazara, moving home to Pakistan proved dangerous too. And finding a safer place wasn't as simple as buying a plane ticket. Instead, he was forced to pay a human smuggler, and […]TEDTalks
- Why This VC Says We're Not In Another Dot-Com Bubble April 24, 2015The Nasdaq hit at a 15-year high on Thursday, fueling fresh speculation that the stock market is experiencing another dot-com bubble like the one of the 1990s that could burst at any time. Not so, says venture capitalist Tony Tjan. “You’re definitely in a very significant boom period,” the bespectacled managing director of the Boston-based VC firm Cue Ball C […]
- Best Teen Tweets Of The Week! (4/24/15) April 24, 2015Every week, we round up the best 140-character quips and insights from our esteemed blogging team -- and other equally awesome teen tweeters. Scroll down to read the latest batch and share your own suggestions by following @HuffPostTeen! just told a joke out loud. hope it all wrks out— Celine Polenghi (@celinepolenghi) April 19, 2015 when I see drama on my t […]
- 'Most Likely To Succeed': Schools Should Teach Kids To Think, Not Memorize April 24, 2015Fourth-grader Scout is struggling to keep her composure during a parent-teacher conference as the teacher expounds upon the character-building aspects of having failed a math quiz. She fixes her tearful gaze in the distance. "I know that face," says her father, filmmaker Greg Whiteley. "That face is saying, 'This is bullshit. This whole t […]
- Sheryl Sandberg: 'As A Woman Gets More Successful.. She Is Less Liked' April 24, 2015Ellen Pao’s high-profile gender discrimination lawsuit has resonated with women across Silicon Valley and beyond -- including Sheryl Sandberg. In a recent interview with Virgin Group founder Richard Branson and Bloomberg, the Facebook executive said she saw many of her own experiences reflected in Pao’s case against venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caufi […]
- New LED Lights Could Play Huge Role In Ending Malaria April 24, 2015Researchers have pinpointed a potentially impactful weapon in the fight against malaria: LED light. The deadly disease killed an estimated 584,000 people in 2013, mostly in poor and developing regions of Africa, according to the World Health Organization (WHO). And transmission of the disease by female mosquitoes -- deemed the deadliest animals on earth by p […]
- Personalizing the In-Store Experience -- Will Consumers Give Up Their Privacy? April 24, 2015(This post is a summary of an independent project completed at Harvard Business School. Click here for the complete paper. The Burberry example is purely hypothetical.) Apple's iBeacon, a location positioning system based on Bluetooth low energy technology, made the use of consumers' location in companies' marketing activities more prevalent. […]
- The Grid: Startup Promises AI Webdesign for the Masses April 24, 2015The Gutenberg Press revolutionized printing in the 15th century, but it wasn't until the 1980s that the dot matrix printer brought the ability to print into every home. Today, the much celebrated power of the Internet to demolish barriers to publishing for the average person still requires the use of cumbersome intermediaries or "walled gardens […]
- Finding Cheap Flights 101 April 24, 2015I've been traveling pretty intensely for many years. When I had a full time entertainment job with minimal pay, I took at least twice monthly weekend trips and bi-annual overseas trips. When I had a more remote job, I roamed for long periods of time. As a result, when I catch up with friends who have kept up with my travels, they almost always ask me... […]
- User Experience (UX) Trumps SLAs April 24, 2015There are numerous articles that talk about the recent changes in the world and what they mean for the workplace; I've written some of them myself. Over and over, the same foundational factors get repeated - we are always on and connected (enabled by mobile and cloud), the frequent debate about the "new" multi-tasking norm, that the data is al […]
- Another Company Already Wants To Buy Time Warner Cable: Report April 24, 2015Time Warner Cable may already have a new suitor. In a widely expected maneuver, cable giant Charter Communications is laying the groundwork for a bid to buy the country’s second-largest cable and broadband provider, according to a Wall Street Journal report Friday. The move comes hours after Comcast backed out of a controversial deal to buy Time Warner Cable […]